Monday, November 18, 2013

OMG Content! & Wait! What!? It's been 3 years, WTF!

So I was recently bitten by the 'do something artistic bug' and in the process of scratching that particular itch, I ran across some old content, discovered my books are now CLASSIC Ticks on the NEC site (ugh! thanks for making me feel old guys), and thanks to our Evil Google Overloards being idiots (specifically with the linked Google+ account crap) I finally remembered my Blogger credentials and can thus post something.

First new-ish Tick Trades from NEC




I really enjoyed writing Golden Age, being able to create the origin story with Dave for The Tick was a blast. There are also some pretty solid stories in the Specials series, I was recently going through my storage garage and pulled out a few issues I had forgot we had done, for example the Cruise Ship arc.

I also found some story/cover concept art I did for a Heroes of the City that we pitched, but wasn't picked up. Basically the The Tick is missing and Arthur steps up, gets in shape (opportunity for a montage sequence complete with song (in my head at least) and of course he kicks total butt!!

The arc was potentially to be followed up with another arc 'Le Morte de Arthur', in which The Tick believes Arthur is dead (similar to the events in the original Ben stories) and as in the originals The Tick goes to a dark place. This of course didn't happen, but it would have been fun to explore that and return him to his classic roots. Maybe its time to pitch a few Else-worlds stories...
 

Ah memories, well I found some other stuff, but hey that will be content for future posts!

Look ma, I'm planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment